The PhD-position is actually available in the Faculty of Theology, University of Oslo. The actual PhD -candidate will certainly work together along with the project New Contexts for Old Texts: Unorthodox Texts as well as Monastic Manuscript Culture in Fourth- and Fifth-Century Egypt (NEWCONT), that is brought by Associate Professor Hugo Lundhaug, as well as financed by the European Research Council (ERC). For more home elevators the project, see project website.
The actual PhD -candidate can also be expected to sign up for 1 or 2 associated with the Research groups in the Faculty of Theology, as well as therefore contributing to the broader research profile of the Faculty.
The fellowship is actually for an interval of 3 years, with the choice of adding an extra year of compulsory work in the Faculty of Theology.
The purpose of the fellowship is actually research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
Candidates should keep the Master’s degree or even equivalent within a relevant research field. The Master’s thesis should be submitted for evaluation by the closing date of the application. The candidate should be competent for the doctoral program inside these disciplines.
The candidate must have knowledge as well as experience within biblical reception as well as in one or more of the following areas:
- Historical Theology
- Fourth- and Fifth-Century Christianity
- Reception Theory
- Knowledge of relevant ancient languages
- Relevant theoretical qualifications.
The actual PhD Fellow will certainly socialize inside a network of researchers as well as students, and wish to have collaborative abilities.
Good communication skills within English is needed. The PhD-dissertation ought to be written in English.
The PhD Fellow will certainly be based in the University of Oslo, however a reasonable amount of relevant travel is actually anticipated.
- salary based upon salary level 50-53 (NOK 404 600 – 426 000) each year, based on qualifications
- the challenging as well as friendly working environmentfavorable pension arrangement
- attractive welfare benefits.
The application should consist of:
- Application letter such as statement of motivaton as well as research interests
- Project description of up to 10 pages outlining the candidate’s PhD-project as well as its proposed relation to the NEWCONT-project
- CV (summarizing education, positions, academic work, scientific publications)
- Copies of certified educational certificates
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references
Deadline : 17 August 2012
Further information and how to apply please click here.