In order to motivate worldwide students ( Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao SAR students are not really eligible) to attempt Huayu courses within the Republic of China (Taiwan); to supply associated with opportunities to improve their understanding of Taiwanese culture as well as society, and also to promote mutual understanding as well as interactions between Taiwan as well as the international community.
A Monthly stipend of 25,000 NTD.
a. Huayu Enrichment courses will comprise the summer term ( June and July or even July and August ), along with short term courses, which might last 3, 6 or 9 months to a year respectively.
b. Along with the exclusion associated with the summer courses, within principle, the duration of the scholarship is actually from September 1st to August 31st of the following year. In case recipients fail to come to Taiwan with regard to enrollment throughout the designated time, they are going to forfeit their right in order to retain their scholarships.
c.Scholarship funding will end up effective upon the date of the recipient’s enrollment. Scholarship funding will certainly finish according to the scholarship’s expiry date or even if the scholarship is actually terminated.
The Ministry of Education will certainly consult the yearly budget and supply available openings for the next year to embassies, missions, representative offices as well as other overseas agencies certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs prior to December 31st.
Worldwide candidates over the age of 18, who include a high school diploma or above, possess shown excellent academic performance, as well as are of good moral character are qualified. Applicants along with one of the following qualifications might not apply:
- a. Is an overseas Chinese student or perhaps a national of the R.O.C.
- b.Is currently registered as a student in a Mandarin Language Center or even has sought a degree from the university or even college within Taiwan.
- c. Has currently received the HES or even a Taiwan Scholarship, in the past.
- d.Is an exchange student to Taiwan, throughout the scholarship time period.
- e.Is presently getting financial benefits through the Taiwan government or even another educational institution.
Candidates require to submit the following documents to local embassies or even missions prior to the announced timeline ( In principle, the annual application period is actually from February 1st through March 31st. Still the actual application period will certainly be according to the general regulations of the local Taiwan Representive Offices ).
- a.An application form (see appendix 1; provided by local embassies or missions).
- b.A photocopy of his/her passport or any other documents that can verify the nationality of the applicant.
- c.A photocopy of the certificate of the highest credential and transcript.
- d.A photocopy of the applications to the Mandarin Language Center.
- e.Other documents required by local embassies or missions.
- a.As stated within the embassies as well as missions announcement, the document review or even personal interview will certainly be conducted.
- b. If a successful applicant waives his/her right to a scholarship prior to arriving within Taiwan, his/her position will certainly be filled by the next applicant which has been selected by the local embassy or mission. The deadline is December 31st.
Further information please click here